Do you get a kick out of seeing your project deliverables being delivered on time, on budget and as per the required specifications? Do you refer to yourself as the program management Yoda? This one is for you!
NINTH EAST Partners are committed to providing the world’s best technology services through building meaningful partnerships, developing the next wave of technology professionals and advisors and providing industry leading and relevant advisory services. We are a technology risk consulting firm and following a recent signed engagement, we are now looking for a Technical Program Management to join our team and lead the delivery of a complex and multiyear program for one of our clients in Singapore. Our ethos is one of embracing a culture where our people come first, then our customers and lastly our shareholders. We are strong believers that having engaged, dedicated, accountable and valued people in our team will translate into value to our customers. NINTH EAST’s equation is quite simple – “Valued employees = Happy Customers”, the rest will take care of itself.
You can head to our About Us page to read about our journey.
A NINTH EAST Technical program manager (TPM) oversees the development and delivery of complex client’s technical programs. They work closely with our solution architects, delivery engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required specifications.
Here are some of the common tasks that a technical program manager might perform while engaged on NINTH EAST program delivery:
- Define project goals and objectives: The TPM works with stakeholders to define the goals and objectives of the overall program. This includes understanding the business need for the project, as well as the technical requirements.
- Develop project plans and timelines: TPMs are responsible for developing the program plan together with the related project streams that all outline the steps that need to be taken to successfully complete the project. This includes creating a timeline for the project and identifying the resources that will be needed.
- Identify and mitigate risks: Risk Management is one of the most important activities that are under the remit of the TPM inclusive of identifying potential risks to the project and developing plans to mitigate those risks.
- Manage budgets and resources: Responsible for managing the budget and resources for the project. This includes tracking expenses, making sure that resources are used efficiently, and communicating with stakeholders about budget changes.
- Communicate with stakeholders: Regular communication with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. This includes providing status updates, answering questions, and resolving issues.
- Track progress and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget: The TPM tracks the progress of the project and ensures that it is completed on time and within budget. This includes identifying and addressing any potential delays or cost overruns.
- Collect and analyse data to improve future projects: Collection and analysis of data from completed projects to improve future projects. This includes identifying areas where the project could have been improved, as well as identifying best practices.
Our TPMs are often responsible for multiple projects at once, and they must be able to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines. They must also be able to work effectively with people from different backgrounds and disciplines. Some of the skills that are important for TPMs include:
- Strong technical skills, including general understanding of computer networks, operating systems, and security software together with soft skills such as:
- Time management
- Risk assessment
- Stakeholder management
While we are more interested in your potential and where you are heading, there are some qualifications, certifications and past experiences that will be very well regarded as part of your application. They are:
- Degree/Relevant field of study in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering.
- Vast knowledge and experience managing cyber-security IT systems and cloud infrastructure programs otherwise 3-5 years of experience in project management, preferably in a technical setting.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in programming languages and software development methodologies.
- Experience with agile project management methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure.
Expected Salary – SGD9k to SGD12k per month is on offer for the right candidate.
We are excited and looking forward to meeting you and discussing this opportunity in more details. You can also follow us on LinkedIn for other priority roles. Please submit your application via the following form.