Are you an experienced Cyber Security Engineer and pride yourself on having the best attention for details and enjoy looking for that needle in the hay stack? If so, this role might be the perfect match for you and we want to hear from you!
NINTH EAST Partners are committed to providing the world’s best technology services through building meaningful partnerships, developing the next wave of technology professionals and advisors and providing industry leading and relevant advisory services. We are a technology risk consulting firm embarking on our next phase of growth and are now looking for Cyber Security Engineers to join our team. Our ethos is one of embracing a culture where our people come first, then our customers and lastly our shareholders. We are strong believers that having engaged, dedicated, accountable and valued people in our team will translate into value to our customers. NINTH EAST’s equation is quite simple – “Valued employees = Happy Customers”, the rest will take care of itself.
You can head to our About Us page to read about our journey.
Our Cyber engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the security of our clients’ computer systems and networks. They work to protect against cyberattacks by identifying and addressing vulnerabilities, developing and implementing security policies and procedures, and monitoring systems for signs of malicious activity.
It is unlikely that any two days will be be same as a Cyber Engineer at NINTH EAST but some of the typical duties expected are:
- Designing and implementing security solutions, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption software.
- Conducting security assessments to identify and address vulnerabilities.
- Developing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- Monitoring systems for signs of malicious activity.
- Responding to security incidents.
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest cybersecurity threats and trends.
Here are some of the skills that will you need to be successful in this role:
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, and security software.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to learn new things quickly.
While we are more interested in your potential and where you are heading, there are some qualifications, certifications and past experiences that will be very well regarded as part of your application. They are:
- Degree/Relevant field of study in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering.
- Vast knowledge in cyber-security IT systems and cloud infrastructure including:
- Deep understanding of Microsoft IT infrastructure i.e., AD, GPO, protocols
- At least 5 years of hands on experience with securing large organizational networks, including security controls, OS hardening, network devices’ security etc.
- Practical experience with Firewall management from different vendors
- Knowledge of cloud environments – AWS, Azure, GCP– A significant advantage
- Knowledge of security controls e.g., AV, EDR/XDR, DLP, Device control etc.
- Experience in consulting services and risk assessment
- Experience with implementing security monitoring procedures & systems (SOC, SIEM, SOAR)
- CISSP, CISM, CCSP, AWS / Azure certifications are advantageous.
- Experienced in in-depth knowledge of Data Center Architecture ( Hypervisors, Storage, OS, Containerisation, Network Security )
- Familiarity with security standards e.g., SOC2, ISO27001, ISO27018 etc.
- Familiarity with SaaS security and SaaS vendor assessment
Expected Salary – SGD5k to SGD10k per month is on offer for the right candidate.
We are excited and looking forward to meeting you and discussing this opportunity in more details. You can also follow us on LinkedIn for other priority roles. Please submit your application via the following form.